Monday, April 03, 2006

what i did today

I shampooed my hair today.
I picked up the small shampoo bottle that I keep in the shower caddy, and found that it was empty. I reached around the outer shower curtain liner to grab the large bottle of shampoo that I keep on the window sill for refilling of the small bottle. (I prefer to use the small bottle because it opens from the bottom.)
When the small one was full, I squeezed a large amount into my palm and lathered my hair with it. I rinsed. I repeated with a smaller amount of shampoo.
I grabbed my bottle of conditioner and squeezed a large amount of that into my palm. I lathered and lathered and lathered and then rinsed that out.
My hair clean, I reached for the bottle of face wash (also a bottom opener) that I keep in the shower caddy next to the shampoo. I squeezed a small amount of the goop into my left palm, closed the lid, replaced the bottle back into the caddy with my right hand, and brought my left hand up and smeared the goo into my hair, in the same spot I'd put the conditioner.

I realized that I had just smeared daily wash facial cleanser in my hair at the same moment my hand smushed it in. I removed my hand and squinted at it stupidly. I felt the cleansing goo sting a little on my scalp; I washed it out and tried again, remembering to put the goo on my face that time.

No comments: