Thursday, March 08, 2007

peskitaryan?

I've had internet service back in my home now for about three weeks, following a seven month stint of zero home connectivity. I had anticipated my return to easy internet use, and had been preparing myself for it for months, as I contemplated connecting the service. During this blackout period, I decided that I would become a better net user. I would be more productive with it, and, especially, having the ability to blog again would be great for my writing. I felt that I was ready to blog everyday, regardless of the content.
Well, that hasn't happened. Habits are strong, and I've found that my daily internet activities consist mostly of checking the weather and reading boingboing.net.
So it goes.
About a month ago, I became a selective vegetarian. A pescatarian? A peskatarian; only eats pesks? What's a pesk? I stopped eating mammals, but I'm willing to eat their eggs.
Three weeks ago, I had a dream that I was walking around and waiting for something with some friends from high school. I had a bag of cheeseburgers, and had already eaten one. I reached into the bag and pulled one out-- and remembered that I was a vegetarian. "Oh shit! I can't eat these!" I offered the bag to someone else. Later on I woke up. End.

No comments: