Friday, December 30, 2005

bubbly

I went to another store after I got off of work this evening to look for some booze, something I could take to my friends house tomorrow night, and something that I could drink a little of tonight.
I was headed towards the wine aisle to get a bottle of red wine, and I walked past the champagne.
Champagne!
New Years Eve is when champagne is drunk! (sham-pawg-knee is what I say to myself each time I type champagne to remember the spelling.)
I'd forgotten that, though I sold at least a case of champagne to people today.
I remember last year hearing a dozen corks pop not quite at once and champagne on the floor and in my mouth and on my face and my shirt and I bought a bottle of champagne.
Tonight I will have some cabernet savignon and tomorrow I will go to work and then to my friends house with a bottle of Jameson and the champagne and I'll welcome the new year in a small gathering, as opposed to the massive parties I jammed into the last couple years.

No comments: