Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pain in the wrist

Here is my first blog on blogspot. I've been writing a blog on myspace.com much more consistently in the past couple of months and found that I enjoy it, but I've recently decided that I don't want to give myspace any more of my thoughts than I already have, after finally doing some research into how the site came to exist and what is currently going on with it.

The story about myspace in this link was the clincher in my decision to abandon myspace to the domain of networking and take my daily thoughts to a new place. I'll still check my myspace, as it's become an invaluable, though morally unfortunate, (I'm speaking as though I had morals! I'm not entirely certain that I do or don't have them, but the words are nice.) method of contacting many of my friends, but I'll be damned if I'll continue to feed creative content into the terms and conditional claws of a monstrous media giant of certainly ill will and somewhat vague content ownership.

I'm off the MyBoat and into the loving and caressing hands of my surrogate father, Google and his many brethren, at least until the day that he turns upon me, and then probably for awhile after that, out of nostalgic fondness.

So here my thoughts now lie, for the feasting of the few or the many, I know not which will come to feed, but certainly none if I don't write anything after this post, eh?

A reference to my current state: my right hand hurts. I woke up this morning (afternoon, actually) with pain in the wrist. At the time, I believed that it was hurt because I had slept oddly on it, being a face/stomach sleeper, and that that was the cause of the pain. As the day has gone on though, I've realized, after opening a jar of vegetable spread and experiencing pronounced pain in that hand, that it was opening that same stubborn jar for the first time the night before that caused the pain. I had had to beat the lid against the wall and against metal rim of my sink and it still took progressively more exasperated grunts for me to twist the damn top off; that must be the source of my pain. So here I am in pain, and when I wake up tomorrow I hope it will be gone.
Enough of that.

No comments: