Monday, April 28, 2008

Bike Trip / Spain Journal #10

Cádiz.

The sun is setting. I awoke this morning on a beach: Playa Velagerondo (?), near El Puerto de Santa Maria. [a place I have since learned is a producer of excellent sherry. Not something we were privy to, arriving in the middle of the night as we did.] We went there from Córdoba yesterday by bus, via Seville. We arrived quite late, after ten pm, and were wholly desecrated by a swarm of mosquitoes. Actually, I've had some tequila, and I'm exaggerating. A plethora, not a swarm.


Earlier, I bought a sweatshirt at a small store, as I hadn't brought enough clothes. I had two shirts to choose between, for the same price. I found a coin and flipped it, calling, “Cabeza!” The sales girl loved it. I paid for my shirt, and fought for the words in Spanish to tell her, that's how I make all of my important decisions.

No comments: