Monday, May 05, 2008

Bike Trip / Spain Journal #13

I'm leaving.
I'm leaving?
I'm leaving!


I'm leaving.
I'm taking the train from Córdoba to Málaga Currently, skimming the countryside on a long track. I left at 6:45pm, after planning to leave at 10am. I'm glad I stayed. I got to have a beer and a snack Rachel and Chloe. I ate caracoles (snails), and Chloe walked me to the train station. Rachel had left for work, and missed my snail lunch. I had a couple of hours to kill before departing, so Chloe and I walked and talked and had another beer. Well, I had two. I already miss her and Rachel. I'm sad, and excited. One of my co-workers told me I would come back a different person. I think she was right.

Málaga again. Yo tengo hambre, pero no se donde ir a comer pescado frito. Or something like that. I am short on time here, and I still have to figure out how to get to the airport, so I've decided to eat across the street from the train station. Hell, I just might take a taxi to make it easy on myself. My last meal in Spain: tortilla de Espaňa y ceviche y cerveza. There will be no postcarding from Málaga. De Dublin es vale.

Traveling is fun, but it also makes me anxious. Getting onto the transportation on time makes my pulse race. Speaking of which; gotta move!

Well, getting a bus was easy. And it was only 1 €!

This is a great, sad, wonderful, beautiful thing, my leaving Málaga, leaving Spain. It came and went, as fast as rain. I could be on a little boat in the ocean. I'm drifting back.

No comments: