Saturday, March 25, 2006

Miracle

I've been wearing my glasses a lot recently.
Last night, I'd been drinking.
I took my glasses off, set them down, and then put my contacts in.
After I put my contacts in, without thinking about it, I put my glasses back on, as they were in a spot I only place them in temporarily; such as when I am changing shirts, or showering.
I put my glasses on, and suddenly my vision turned blurry.
I squinted my eyes, and reached up to rub one of them, then I noticed that my peripheral vision around the glasses was excellent.
I pulled my glasses off my face, and I could see!
I ran to the window, leaned out, threw my glasses out into the street, and screamed:

"Hallelujah, I can see!!!"

-------------------

This morning I woke up with a hangover.

I couldn't find my glasses anywhere.

Then I remembered why.

And wrote this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet zombie jesus, that's a wonderful story.