Monday, January 30, 2006

hierarchal relations

I've had a thought tonight of attraction as a shifting hierarchy of desire, with some subjects placed in horribly close tandem, vying for the same spot in the imaginer and victim of the attraction, and with one subject usually above all the others.
The ranking in the hierarchy is determined by persistence of attraction over time. Some come and go, some come back, and some linger all along.

This is how I think my mind works when dealing with my attractions to others, most specifically women.

As I go lumbering through my field of attraction, the ones that stick around and show some interest are the ones that remain in the hierarchy. I don't really feel that I have much influence over it.
The more I think about it, the more I feel that I shouldn't think about it at all.

Enough said then.

No comments: