Monday, January 16, 2006

Sauce

Tonight I made pasta for myself, and for my lunches at work for a few days.

I used a can of whole tomatoes and a can of sauce that had a few seasonings in it (garlic and basil, I think I read on the can). One can of tomato paste as well, all of which was hanging out in my cupboards.
I put the whole tomatoes in the pan first, and mushed them up well with a spoon, and then added the other tomato bits.
Next I added a small can of sliced olives and a 8oz of sliced mushrooms-fresh. A bunch of cumin, some cayenne, some sliced sun-dried tomatoes and six (I accidentally typed sex, the first time) whole cloves of garlic, crushed (garlic is sexy).
Meatiness was a pack of ground Quorn (which is not meat, but mostly mushroom+egg white).

Served over Penne Rigate.

It was delicious, and will continue to be delicious over the next week when thawed, and consumed at work.

No comments: