Wednesday, January 04, 2006

think speak

I am constantly mystified that everyone else in the world is not like me, and does not think the way that I do.
I am aware that we are all very different, but the ways in which those differences reveal themselves are generally surprising when they come hurtling towards by egocentrism.

Trying to figure out why someone wouldn't want to learn a second language, or how someone can see the bible as being the best reflection of truth in the world sends my mind twisting through a laundry ringer.

I can recall a time in my past when I didn't care that English was my only language, and had no desire to learn another one. I was too distracted at the time by my immediate surroundings, and needs. Physically, I was a party animal and a work horse, constantly dancing and consuming drugs like a vacuum and going straight to work when the sun came up. Mentally, I suppose I was quite stimulated. There was a lot of good conversation, and not all of it was utopian wonderprose or disconnected jabbering.

I guess there are just so many things to think of and do, that everyone is going to have their own peculiar jumble of interests jabbing at their attention. I'm not special in mine, but still, how do other people think? I can only know through my own ability to think.

No comments: